My fitness/running sneaker collection has gotten a bit out of control lately.
To be fair, the majority of the pairs I own were given to me either as part of a campaign, for review, or even as a gift from brands. But… that still doesn’t change my situation of having too many pairs of shoes for one little ‘ol me.
I am sure I am not the only one out there who forms some kind of emotional attachment to each shoe they purchase and wear out. Do you find yourself saying, “I can’t get rid of those, I ran my first half marathon in them!” (middle pair), or “Those were my favorite pair of shoes to wear to my team practices!” (left and right pairs) when clearly, they have all seen better days?
Over time, I am certainly guilty of keeping shoes (and articles of clothing for that matter!) for far too long. Those pairs of shoes tend to hang on the sidelines, while new fitness shoes keep appearing.
But I just can’t seem to give them away…
Where will they go? Will someone appreciate them as much as I have? Will they just end up in the trash?
Finally, I have an answer to all of these questions: Kindrunner.com.
Kindrunner is a new online running store. Their employees are all passionate runners who have worked in the industry for a number of years. Not only will they turn your OLD running shoes into NEW shoes for someone in need, but they will pay you for it. The concept is simple, really…
Kindrunner was created with three main goals in mind:
1. Make running as fun, enjoyable, and injury and stress free as possible
2. Reduce the running community’s impact on the environment
3. Help people in need all around the world by repurposing used shoes
The site launched this past June, and I was approached a few weeks earlier to become a Kindrunner Ambassador. As you all know, I have to really love the company, the products, and what they stand for to consider that title. As soon as I watched their promotional video, I was sold.
Why hasn’t someone thought of this before?
It is so comforting to know that as the site grows, more shoes will end up directly on the feet of people who truly need them with less going in landfills and polluting our environment.
Things I Love About Kindrunner
• Runners receive Kindness Cash Rewards for every shoe they send. They give those old shoes to their shoe donation partners, and runners (you!) receive a credit that applies to anything on the site.
• Free 3-Way Shipping that allows a runner to both return product if they change their mind and send their old shoes out for free.
• There is a virtual running shop on the site that includes a staff product review for every product.
• Partners with Soles4Souls, More Foundation Group, and YOU to help them recycle the customers boxes and get the shoes directly to people in need.
• If you do not have old running shoes, they accept other rubber soled shoes that are not designed to be worn as dress shoes. For every pair you purchase from kind runner, you can send back an old pair.
The next time I need to buy a new pair of running shoes, Kindrunner is where you will find me purchasing them from. Thanks for making it easy to give back, and to be a kind runner!
“At Kindrunner we simply repurpose your old running shoes, giving them to non-runners who need them for basic transportation and protection from injury and disease. We stretch a single carbon foot print to its maximum potential. We believe that thoughtful and educated runners all over the country will relate to our movement and want to be a Kindrunner.”
Now, I ask you…
How many pairs of unused “old” shoes are just sitting in your closet?
Could someone else use them for regular every day needs?
What are you waiting for?