I have been in a very slow cooker mood lately. Mind you, I haven’t actually pulled our Crock-pot out more than a dozen times over the last year, but that is just because I have been awful at meal planning and prepping.
Is that something you do consistently? If so, I truly wish I could say the same.
I usually have time on the weekends to put a solid plan of attack for the week together, but it’s the motivation I’m lacking. Week after week, I think of meals I want to try or new recipes to throw together and I find myself doing one of two things:
1) I go to the store and buy the things I need for that specific lunch or dinner
2) I pull the “I don’t want to go to the store” card and skip that specific idea all together
As I am currently sitting in the lobby of the Jeep dealership (time for an oil change!), I can’t help but peruse the endless slow cooker recipes I see floating around Pinterest. In fact, I finally started a Slow Cooker Recipes board. It was well overdue.
I am planning on stopping by the grocery store as soon as I get my car back, but now I just want to try all the slow cooker things.
Really though. There’s just too many great ones to pick from.
Should I go the easy route and remake one of my own soup recipes?
(a few faves)
Should I try something I saved online?
• Shrimp and Artichoke Barley Rissotto via Cara’s Cravings
• Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers via SparkRecipes
• Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken via Gimme Some Oven
Cook something I saw on another blog?
Courtney is always posting something I want to make!
• Gina’s Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
Should I try something I pinned?
• Chicken Enchilada Quinoa via Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
• Crock Pot Veggie Lasagna via Weelicious
• Chicken Tuscan Stew via Sweet Peas & Saffron
I seriously want to make everything. I am a bit overwhelmed and don’t even know where to start.
Okay, so I’ll pick one. Baby steps. Maybe it will be an original creation, maybe it won’t. We’ll see how creative I feel while walking the aisles!
Welp, my Jeep is ready. I better run! I’ll be sure to share any successful dinner creations with you in the future. Have a great rest of the day!
Question of the Afternoon
• What is one of your favorite (easy, somewhat healthy) slow cooker dinner recipes?