I found myself left over with almost a complete bunch of bananas this week. We all know what that means… banana bread time!
Last time I was in this predicament, I made Chocolate Chip Banana Mini Muffins. This time around, I wanted to create something new, and possibly something “pumpkiny.” By now, it is no secret that I have a personal relationship with those little cans of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin goodness.
The loaf turned out great, but it was the pumpkin-banana topping with oat sprinkles that really did it for me. Let’s get on to it!
Banana Pumpkin Bread
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup stevia
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, or egg white liquid (6 tbsp)
1 cup pumpkin
2 bananas, mashed
prep time: 10 minutes
bake time: 30 minutes
servings: 1 loaf
*Not Pictured: egg white liquid and canola oil. Oops!
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients – through pumpkin spice – in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
3. Combine stevia and all remaining wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
4. Add wet to dry ingredients, then stir until mixture is moist.
5. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5 loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pan.
8. Cool loaf completely and serve.
Mix and “well” it.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Bake until golden.
Cool and Serve.
Enjoy on its own or add a topping.
My favorite lately has been anything mixed in with pumpkin <- shocker. For this bread, I combined the remainder of my can with a mashed banana.
To add a little more texture, I sprinkled a few raw rolled oats on the top.
I’m pretty excited to finish off the rest of the loaf for breakfast and think you will enjoy it too.
Oh, and before I go, I just want to say two quick things…
GO TEAM USA!
and… GO TEAM USA!
I am so proud of what our country’s athletes are capable of! 😀