With the dark rain clouds hovering and some weird hot and cold body chills I have going on, I want nothing more but to curl up on the couch with a warm blanket and call it a day.
I woke up with a headache, but I think it might be turning into a migraine, so I’m going to make this post a quick one and hopefully (finally) kick it to the curb with a few minutes of lights/sounds out time. Hoping it goes quickly and I can move on with my day and stay productive. Migraines are just… the worst. Right? #aintnobodygottimefodat
Lunch was definitely worth sharing today. I have been craving a salad and finally had enough fresh vegetables in the refrigerator to make one at home.
Spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, feta cheese, black beans, and black eyed peas (warmed up!) drizzled in grape seed oil and lemon juice.
I absolutely loved the flavor of the lemon juice on there. So refreshing!
Also refreshing was this Vita Coco peach & mango coconut water.
Name Your Favorite
Before I go, I thought it would be fun to take part in a quick survey I saw Courtney post a couple of days ago. I’m such a sucker for them. And this one is probably the easiest one to answer, ever.
Feel free to play along by completing your own or sharing some of your favorites in the comments section!
Name Your Favorite…
• Person: Quite possibly this clown that is a constant reminder to never take life too seriously.
• Color: I don’t really have one. Is that weird? It used to be pink, but lately I’ve been all about greens.
• Food: Italian. Then Mediterranean. Then Mexican.
• Smell: Coffee. And if it’s first thing in the morning, you get thirty extra bonus points.
• Book: Still going with one I read years ago, Heaven Is For Real.
• Movie: Bridesmaids. I could never watch that one too many times. There’s just so many great lines.
• Time of Day: Around 8 p.m. Typically, all of my work is done for the day, I’m done making and cleaning up after dinner, showered, in my pajamas, and just settling into enjoying the night at home with Scott.
• Day of the Week: Saturday. I love starting the weekend with a run outside, grabbing breakfast, then heading to the marketplace for fresh produce when we have a free one.
• Thing to Do When Bored: Catch up on Bloglovin’ or play on the floor with our fur babies.
• Celebrity: Nick Lachey. I’m sorry but that man will always be on “my list”. Also, I’ve had a super crush on Adam Levine lately. He’s so, so…. funny.
• Drink: wine or Loopy vodka and soda water. Don’t judge.
• TV Show: Friends. Always and forever.
• Fruit: Berries or kiwi.
• Vegetable: Peppers. No corn. No sweet potatoes. Definitely sweet potatoes. Loaded with veggies.
• Store/Shop: Target, TJ Maxx or Marshall’s.
• Workout: Running, barre, Pilates, yoga or HIIT. (<- Just posted a new one this morning!)
• Boy’s Name: Not telling. (Just in case!)
• Girl’s Name: Same answer as above. And, interestingly enough, it’s a name that could be used for both a girl or a boy.
Besides that one, I have always loved Emma or Haley.
• Potato Chip Flavor: Salt and Vinegar, hands down.
• Ice Cream Flavor: Mint Chocolate Chip or Cookies ‘n Cream (only if there’s real Oreo crumbles).
• Season: Fall (ahh, Pumpkin!)
• Dessert: Chocolate. Literally anything that has anything to do with chocolate. Except bugs. That’s just weird.
• Life Hack: Um. Where was this when I was growing up?
Mind = blown.
• Name your favorite… ice cream, movie, and life hack! Go.
See you all back in the morning for Friday Favorites!