Hello! Welp, this morning started off on a green note.
Gluten Free Ancient Grains Waffles topped in Key Lime Greek Yogurt, 1/2 a sliced banana, and sprinkle of chia seeds.
Is anyone else celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with anything and everything green? I’m hoping you are nodding yes, you know, just in case the pinch monsters are out there looking for you.
I’m trying my best. I’m not quite feeling myself today, so my original plans of cooking up something Irish may or may not happen. There’s talk of Scott cooking his famous Corned Beef and Cabbage, but there is a home game tonight… so I don’t see that happening either.
It’s a serious bummer, since we take this Irish holiday pretty seriously around here. Obviously.
If I happen to get over whatever kind of head cold is trying to bring me down, I will be looking at some of these last minute Irish dishes to make later on!
Last Minute Irish Dinner & Dessert Ideas
• Irish Potato Pie from A Spicy Perspective
• Irish Stew from Downtown Abby Cooks
• Irish Soda Bread Minis from Babble
• Stout Mac and Cheese from Home Is Where The Boat Is
• Gluten Free Irish Potato Pancakes from The Tomato Tart
• Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup from Skinnytaste
• Shepherd’s Pie Lightened Up also from Skinnytaste
• Skinny(er) Shamrock Shake …. also from Skinnytaste
(Basically, Gina is the Queen of all things lightened up and Irish-inspired.)
• St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddies from Frugal Mom Eh
All right. I need to get going before I get sucked into the black hole we call Pinterest for hours.
What’s on your dinner menu tonight?
Anything Irish? Do share!