It’s hard to believe that Scott and I have been living in New York City for a YEAR.
Just like that, we moved, I blinked, and four seasons passed right by. They say that time flies faster with each passing year, and I absolutely believe it.
There are a lot of thoughts that roll around when things like anniversaries and birthdays come up. What has been experienced and accomplished in a year? How much has life changed?
While I originally started this post to share those thoughts, I started browsing the archives of this blog to help me find the answers. I still plan on sharing more of what this last year has taught me, but let’s keep it light for now.
After we moved to Michigan, I enjoyed looking back at how life changed year by year in move-iversary posts, so I thought it would be fun to take a peek into what the past year looked like and revisit the highlights today!
Different than years before this one, I took several months away from sharing my work and life on the Internet. Scott and I went through a lot while transitioning here, and the space was necessary.
My hopes and plans with the blog are to continue to explore as much as possible and share everything I can along the way. While I didn’t document a good six months of what I should have, I hope you enjoy reading about how life in New York has treated us so far. There’s still a lot to discover and I hope you’ll stick around for the journey!
1 Year NYC Move-iversary: A Year of Highlights
• Finding our apartment in Brooklyn
• Sharing my thoughts on living in NYC a week after we moved (vlog!)
• Having my first picnic in Central Park & getting used to the subway (omg – our apartment was a mess!)
• Getting a VIP Tour of the Met Museum
• Celebrating my birthday the same day I had my first job interview in Manhattan
• Visiting Orlando to work the Invictus Games and hanging around with friends and family
• Meeting other NYC Bloggers and exploring The East Village
• Discovering Smorgasburg and entertaining our first houseguest
• Eating a ton of BBQ (<- I’ll be on the look out for this festival in the summer!) and attending a concert in Westbury
• Modeling a wedding dress made entirely of toilet paper!
• Working out on a rooftop with Michael Strahan
• Going to Coney Island for the Fourth of July
• Checking out the New York Aquarium and seeing our first Liberty Game
• Spending a week with my parents while visiting us!
• Celebrating our five year wedding anniversary
• Using ClassPass to explore tons of studios and gyms all over NYC
• Figuring how to live in the City on a budget
• Discovering Smorgasburg in Prospect Park
• Relaxing by the water at Brooklyn Barge
• Visiting our friends in New Jersey for the weekend
• Touring the Mast Brothers Chocolate Factory in Williamsburg
• Making cookies with The Cake Boss (& touring Carlos’ Bakery)
• Filming a commercial with Scott (<- what?)
• Having Scott’s mom visit us, too!
• Seeing The Rockettes at Radio City
• And … finally coming off of a (much needed) hiatus from it all
The biggest highlight of my year has to be opening and managing a fitness studio in Park Slope, Brooklyn!
I spend the majority of my hours at the studio every single day, so I am still trying to figure out what that means for the future of this blog. Even so, I’m very grateful for the opportunity and am excited to see where the future takes me. And us!
Thank you so much for taking the time to check in and support this blog year after year! <3
Questions of the Day
• What are some of the biggest highlights of your last year?
• What cities have you lived in?
• What cities do you wish to live in someday?