As Thanksgiving Day approaches, you cannot help but think about what means the most to you in your life, and what has changed in it since the previous one.
This year I saw a lot of daily “I’m thankful for…” posts pop up on Facebook. I wanted to jump onto the thankful train, but then thought it might be better to do a compiled thirty days of thanks post right here on the blog. That means I will be sharing what I am thankful for, one thing for each day in the month of November.
Some are silly everyday things we might take for granted, and some are milestones that happened in our lives this year. In no particular order whatsoever, here is what means the most to me.
30 Things I’m Thankful For
1. Morning “coffee time” that allows me to wake up, check emails and start my day without a rush.
2. Getting to experience a White Christmas this year (hopefully) in a new home, and in a new city.
3. My love for living a healthy, active lifestyle.
4. Friendships that have lasted a lifetime.
5. New friendships.
6. Being able to complain about having “too much stuff.”
7. Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
8. Holiday music, and getting to play it as early as I want.
9. A year off of full time work for both Scott and I. We both learned a lot about ourselves and our relationship together.
10. Our parents. Love you and could not be where we are today without you!
11. Being able to work from home.
12. Finding a community at our church in Orlando.
13. Pumpkin. You can see I have a clear love for it on the Recipes page.
14. Our crazy dog who thinks he is a cat, Roadie.
15. Getting the opportunity to dance for the Orlando Magic and meeting Scott.
16. My husband, his way of making life interesting, and our ability to not take each other completely serious, all the time.
17. Greek yogurt, protein bars, almonds and other foods that make snacking healthy really easy to do.
18. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. My family has watched that movie every single Christmas Eve since it came out. It always brings us together and I will miss that this this year.
19. Our families. Every single one of you!
20. Scott’s new job with the Detroit Pistons.
21. My husband, who can be serious when it counts.
22. The community I have found through blogging and networking online. You guys truly inspire me to keep doing what I do!
23. Never having to worry if there is going to be food on the table, shoes on our feet, or shelter over our heads. Somehow, God has always provided.
24. Our two cats that think they are dogs (or human), Aspen and Cali.
25. The support and encouragement I get from YOU GUYS to write this blog!
26. Still being able to keep up in a dance class.
27. Heat. Enough said.
28. Barre. I feel so blessed to have learned the workout and to have been able to teach it for a year. I miss it very much here.
29. The ability to stay active. A lot of my problems get solved during long runs!
30. Thanksgiving! It is a holiday I look forward to celebrating all year long.
I am extra thankful this year that Scott’s dad and step-mom are on their way right now to celebrate our first Thanksgiving in Michigan with us. I am looking forward to cooking and also going with them to see Scott walk in America’s Thanksgiving Parade in Detroit tomorrow.
Happy Thanksgiving Day Eve, everybody!
Question of the Day
What are some of the things you are thankful for this year?