It hit me that Scott and I have officially been living in Michigan for two years this week. On October 12, 2012, we packed up our lives (and animals), took a one-way road trip up north, and haven’t looked back!
Scott mentioned it being our 2 year Michigan Move-iversary the other day, and we both couldn’t believe it’s actually been that long! Seriously.
Last year, I covered an entire year of highlights since we moved from Orlando to Rochester Hills, and I thought it would be fun to continue the tradition and be able to look back at how life changes from year to year.
Here’s what has been going on up north!
2 Year Michigan Move-iversary: A Year of Highlights
Starting October 2013…
• Started the very first Friday Favorites Link Up! (<- love you guys!)
• Celebrated Fall with a Haunted Hayride
• First trip to the dog park in Michigan (what took us so long?)
• Pistons Opening Night on Halloween
(Such a fun halftime!)
• A trip home to attend an awesome wedding and celebrate Scott’s birthday!
• Scott’s 40th Birthday!!
(Did I NOT blog about this? Geez.)
(I must have been still recuperating from that Florida trip!)
(It was fun, but pretty low-key.)
• A visit from Kelly which took us to a cider mill and Canada!
• 2013-14 Pistons Dancers Calendar Release!
• Visit from Scott’s Dad and Step-Mom and hosting our first Thanksgiving
• Pre-Christmas celebrations with friends
(Probably my favorite trip… ever.)
• 5…4…3…2… Ringing in 2014!
• A visit from Mom and lunch in Canada
• Our first time sledding! (Oops.)
• Back stage access to see Nitro Circus Live (<- amazing experience!)
• Conquering my fear of skiing!
• 2 Year Blogiversary – woohoo!
• Reflecting on what I’ve learned since moving up north
• Partnering with HOOPER on court
• Running in the snow and exploring Downtown Detroit
(and getting to interview Miranda Kerr!)
• Another trip to Florida for Katie + John’s wedding in St. Augustine!
• My last time dancing at a NBA game (wahhh.)
• Easter with friends <3
(Scott was out of town, so my friends did more than make up for it!)
• Making the decision to get my CPT through NASM
• Getting glasses. Ha. I actually love them. That’s why it’s a highlight.
• Another trip to Florida for Megan + Jack’s wedding in Tampa!
• Falling in love with Birmingham. <3
• Ohio for the day to run in the Neon Dash 5K!
• Chopping my hair off and praying it grows back healthy and long.
• Assisting HOOPER throughout the summer and getting a new tattoo.
(You can see it here.)
• Dancing in concert with Big & Rich!!
• Another trip home to Florida. This time it is to work a summer camp with our old home church!
• … And catching a dear friend’s baby shower while we were there!
• 4th of July adventures
• Girls’ Weekend Up North! (#saveoursanityweekend)
• Hanging in Downtown Rochester and stumbling upon festivals
• Arts, Beats & Eats festival in Royal Oak
• Visiting the Detroit Institute of Arts Museum (DIA)
• Cedar Point Halloweekends in Sandusky, Ohio!
• Our first Pistons Family wedding <3
• Signing up for the Detroit Free Press Half and Running with a Purpose.
(Wish me luck this weekend!)
• Quick visit from Dad and a trip to the cider mill
• Becoming a NASM Certified Personal Trainer!!
Whew! What a heck of a year it’s been.
Since sharing last year’s highlights, I can honestly say that I am in a much better place. I haven’t been secretive about the fact that transitioning to our new lives up here has been a challenge for me, and slowly but surely I am learning to accept and love what that is.
Looking back on all of last year’s exciting events makes me realize how much life really can change in a year’s time. I’m no longer dancing (in professional sports anyways), I’m a certified fitness professional, I’ve absolutely fallen in love with blogging (often), and I’m on my way to starting a completely new career.
Life sure has a funny way of panning out, doesn’t it?
Here’s to another year of highlights to come!
I hope you have a great rest of your Thursday, and I’ll see you back here bright and early with Friday Favorites!
Questions of the Day
• Have you ever made a big move (across the country, to another country, or even just away from your family?)
• If so, what has been your favorite city to reside in?
So far, I have lived in Orlando and Tampa, Florida and Rochester Hills, Michigan. Pretty much biggest two extremes in climate you can get. While I’m not sure I would want to move back home for good (besides getting to be close to friends and family!), I would love for us to explore another area… maybe somewhere in the middle or on a coast again? I’m looking forward to seeing what the next couple of years looks like for us!