I have been surrounding myself with motivational quotes and people lately.
When I first started putting this post together, I simply wanted to make you smile. I am still trying to do that, but as I kept compiling, I realized I should also share why I have been looking for a little extra motivation.
If you have not personally gone through the experience of moving to a completely new city, I can tell you that it is not an easy thing to do. In fact, it is pretty darn scary. With the end of an NBA season quickly approaching for Scott and I, it has made me take a step back and reflect on what has happened in our lives in the last five months.
Lots and lots of changes!
As exciting it is to start over, the thought of being the “new girl” has been just as intimidating. In five months time, we have settled in, but know that neither Scott or I call Michigan home yet. In a sense, we still both feel very new, and at times… a little different.
I came from a world I was completely comfortable in. I had family and friends I have known for decades around me every single day. I had a church community full of uplifting people rooting us on, and my main job of dancing for the Orlando Magic consumed my time, life, and passions.
Over the past month or so, it has just started to hit me how much my life has changed – and to be honest – it has been a little bit of a hard pill to swallow.
I mean, who really likes change anyways? I, for one, am terrified of it.
But you know what they say… life comes and you fast. You never know where you are going to end up, who you are going to be with, or what you will be doing. All you can do is take advantage of the opportunities given to you and embrace the present.
So that is exactly what I have done. I have accepted that change is good, and I am learning something new from it from every single day.
Housewife Glamour Mantra
I can say that accepting change has pushed me into a tougher, stronger, more driven person. Sticking my neck out of my comfort levels and fighting past my insecurities has helped me live in the moment and enjoy life.
My drive to succeed is bigger than ever, and it just makes me want to share it with you! So I am.
Below are just a handful of quotes and pictures that have stuck out to me recently. Some are health and fitness related, while most are about life in general.
Take a moment and breathe it all in!
• “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
• “To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.” – Reba McEntire
• “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
• “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
• “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
• “Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.” – Leon J. Suenes
• “Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.” – Unknown
• “Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.” – Markus Zusak
• “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.” – Madonna
And last but not least, my absolute favorite straight from the the good word:
• Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. ♥
– Romans 12:2
Even if “you” feels different, remember…
Be YOU. Embrace YOU. LOVE YOU!
Question of the Day
• What is one of your favorite inspirational quotes/mantras?