Hey, hey! Who had a great weekend? Ours was insane. Like I don’t even know exactly all that took place because it happened so fast.
I do know it involved a lot of sports entertainment including a dunk show, a Pistons game and oh, I don’t know… the Super Bowl! Ahh the Bruno Mars halftime show! He is so great. I guess the Red Hot Chili Peppers were there too, which was pretty cool. And the commercials! Always fun to watch.
Besides that, this one wasn’t all that special, besides the fact that the Seahawks are now Champions. Scott actually worked in Seattle in the NFL for a hot minute, so we were pumped they won. Woot!
Monday Funday Survey
We have been so go, go, go lately that all I have wanted to do today is rest up. I forced myself to sleep in and to be honest don’t really want to do much before practice tonight. But, since the sunshine decided to finally show itself today, I can’t wait to take advantage of it and hop outside for a quick neighborhood run.
We’ll see how far I get in the 23° weather. My goal is three miles.
Can it please be spring now?
I find them oddly entertaining and thought you might too. Here’s hoping!
1. Were you named after anyone? Not my first name. But my middle name is Betty, after my Nana. Oh how I miss her. She was such a beautiful person inside and out. My parents came up with Heather because it sounded good in front of it! So there you have the explanation of my many nicknames including HB, Heather Betty and Betty.
2. When was the last time you cried? Umm… right now, because of what I just wrote above. That question was super ironic.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Actually, yes. While I worked as a server, I became elected to write our weekly specials on the chalkboard and always had fun with it. I’m not the best at drawing, but I can do bubble letters and “word graphics” with the best of ’em.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Turkey. It takes something really epic to switch up my Subway order.
5. Do you have kids? Just a 40-year-old named Scott.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I like to think so. I mean, I don’t make people sit at different lunch tables for wearing sweatpants on Mondays or anything.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Ha. I feel like sarcasm with a smile is my first language. Whoops.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes! No wisdom teeth though. That counts for some kind of street cred, right?
9. Would you bungee jump? I used to say it was on my bucket list. Then I went sky diving. I’m now good on both of those.
10. What is your favorite cereal? Depends on the week. You can always find me raving about some new cereal find in my Friday Favorites!
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Depends on what shoes. Running shoes, I try really hard to because I heard that saves on wear and tear. Snow shoes… not a chance. Those stay tied up and in our den closet.
12. Do you think you are strong? I feel like people underestimate my insanely tiny arms. There’s a little bit of muscle hiding in them, I swear.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Mint chocolate chip. Specifically, the new Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie flavor. Dang you, Breyer’s.
14. What is the first thing you notice about other people? How they interact with others. I usually warm up to “people” people the quickest.
15. Red or pink? Always pink. What… too much for a wedding reception?
Photo credit: Elegant Imagery
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I tend to procrastinate. I really need to re-visit my “better to knock it out now than later” college school work approach!
17. Any tattoos? Just one on my foot.
18. Do you have any hobbies? Sure, lots of them. Currently, my favorite seems to be “eat all of the hummus”.
19. What color shoes are you wearing? Pink and purple fuzzy slipper boots. Don’t judge.
20. What was the last thing you ate? Greek yogurt. And I am about to tear into some pasta salad left overs as soon as I hit publish!
21. What are you listening to right now? Boyce Avenue Radio on Pandora. Good station!
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I’m going to have to stick to Presley’s answer on this one because I couldn’t come up with a better one if I tried! “White, because everyone thinks I’m totally useless. Until the teacher passes out colored paper. THEN WHAT? Yeah. That’s right. I rock.” #nailedit
23. Favorite smells? Coffee. Dinner or dessert baking in the oven. Lavender. Fresh linens. Basically a freshly cleaned house. Ha!
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Scott. He left his wallet at home today. Classic Hesington move.
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house? I used to say mountain hideaway, but now since I feel like I live in one (sans the pretty mountains) I dream about the beach.
Specifically revisiting this one from our Costa Rican honeymoon!
26. Favorite sport to watch? Basketball. I like the idea of football, but I get so bored after watching any sport for a few hours. The NBA got it right. Wham, bam, (two-ish hours later) thank you slam.
27. Hair color? I haven’t let my hair go natural since my first highlight in ninth grade. I am looking forward to seeing what that is after this dance season is over! If it’s not horrible, I am up for going back to my (literal) roots for a while.
28. Eye colors? Ha. I laughed at the s in colors. But, mine do change colors… so I guess that applies? I have been told that mine change from blue to green and I feel like it depends on what I am wearing.
29. Do you wear contacts? I used to! Then I got Lasik surgery in 2008. I feel like I might need a pair of glasses again for driving at night though.
30. Scary movies or happy endings? Scary movies! Strangely, I will always pick a thriller over a romance. I appreciate happy endings in movies, but also realize that the couple riding off in a horse drawn carriage with confetti and a cheering crowd just puts all of these unrealistic expectations in girls heads. Call me crazy, but I would just prefer watching the movie, then commenting on how sweet but cheesy it is?
31. Last movie you watched? Bridesmaids. For the 80th time. It will never get old!
33. Summer or winter? Summer. Says the girl about to run outside in the snow. Definitely summer.
34. Hugs or kisses? Hugs. Anyone can give you one of those when you need one!
35. Computer or television? My goal this year is to get off of both of them and read more books at night.
36. What book are you reading right now? The timing of this question couldn’t be better. Currently nothing… but I just ordered The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson for a book club I just joined at church!
37. What’s on your mouse pad? I don’t have a mouse pad. Apple iMacs and their robot trackpads rule, ya’ll.
38. What color is your house? Beige-ish. But for the record, we rent it.
39. What color is your car? Funny question! I actually don’t even have a car at the moment. I had to trade my precious Lily in last week and am still debating on what to buy.
Right now the top contenders are red and silver.
I thought the random number of questions here had to do with the Super Bowl (XLVIII) but google just confirmed that I’m ten championships off from that guess. Oh well. Seems like a great place to finish anyways.
Now you know a little bit more pointless information about me. Woo hoo! (Said with a sarcastic smile and an enthusiastic thumbs up!)
Questions of the Day
• What was your favorite commercial from the Super Bowl?
This one with puppies and horses is clearly the winner in my book.
• Choose one of the questions above and answer it below!