Nope, that wasn’t a typo. I meant Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread.
And it’s so, so easy!
The result was a batch of all of my favorite things mixed into one loaf. Okay, maybe not all my favorite things… but there’s a lot of them in there!
To be fair and completely honest, Scott wasn’t a super fan of this one. It’s egg-less, butter-less and vegan inspired, and the only thing that changes that quality is the addition of the chocolate peanut butter.
Obviously this is a main ingredient, and I used Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams. Vegan or not, these guys got two thumbs up from me!
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup chocolate peanut butter
(regular PB would work too, if you prefer to skip the chocolate flavor!)
3/4 cup sugar (I substituted Stevia in the Raw)
1 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare your loaf pan with oil, if necessary.
(I use non-stick pans, so I skip this step.)
2. In a large bowl or mixer, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth(ish). Add oil and mix well.
3. Add chocolate peanut butter and mix well. Then add baking powder and sugar and mix well.
4. Stir in flour, one cup at a time. Mix thoroughly to get it all smooth!
5. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Use a toothpick to test the center, and if it comes out clean it’s ready to come out.
6. Let it cool, slice and enjoy for days!
Just to get fancy, I decided to add my go-to banana bread topping (unsweetened applesauce + a sprinkle of cinnamon) to a slice. It might seem like a strange combo, but I assure you the result was delicious!
To me, these are less like a “bread” and more like a treat. I could definitely get used to having them around for breakfast or a snack.
Previous Housewife Glamour Banana Baking Recipes:
What’s your all-time favorite banana bread recipe?