This recipe is in partnership with Lantana Foods.
If you’ve never tried a fruit pizza, this may be the time to start! Indulge in this colorful fruit pizza without the guilt and with blueberry fruit hummus between fresh fruit and a homemade granola crust. Be aware, however, that one pizza may not be enough!
Who says that pizza isn’t an acceptable choice for a healthy breakfast?
I know we aren’t anywhere near the summer months, but does anyone else start to crave fruit and salads around the holidays? Christmas cookies and baked goods are great, don’t get me wrong, but I’m totally the girl who opts to bring a healthy, yet still a delicious treat to the party.
There’s only so many sweet treats that one can indulge in day after day, am I right?
While most fruit pizzas call for yogurt to layer between the fruit and the crust, this version of healthy fruit pizza features a new flavor from the Lantana Foods hummus line!
I’ve always been a fan of hummus, and the new fruit line is like an extra treat. The spread has the blueberry flavor front and center, and isn’t she a beaut?
In the past, I’ve used hummus to dip wraps into, to spread on top of toast, and to even replace salad dressing. This flavor, along with the other new fruit hummus additions, screams a need to be paired with fresh fruit!
The bottom crust to top fruit layers blends so well together, and I love how each bite tastes slightly different. My favorite part about it all is that it is just as much a healthy breakfast as it is a dessert.
Just how many recipes can fall into that category?
This recipe makes one fruit pizza.
2 cups raw old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup flour (I used all purpose but you can substitute oat or almond flour to make it gluten-free)
3 Tbsp coconut oil (room temperature)
3/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp pure almond extract (feel free to substitute pure vanilla extract)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
fruit hummus spread (I used Lantana Blueberry)
fruits of choice (I used sliced strawberries, kiwis, mandarin oranges, raspberries, and blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spread a 10-inch cake pan with baking spray. (Parchment paper will work, too). Set aside.
- Make crust — combine dry ingredients (oats, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt) in a large bowl. Once mixed, add coconut oil and honey and mix until dough sticks together.
- Spread the mixture into cake pan and press down until it lays flat. You might need to use the bottom of a glass cup!
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove crust from oven and allow to completely cool before moving on to the next steps. (You may even want to keep it in the refrigerator overnight to help prep the recipe.)
- Once the crust is cooled, spread the fruit hummus on top until it’s even.
- Top with your favorite fresh fruit! You can dive into this recipe right away or have it set in the fridge for later.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, and please let me know if you give it a try!
(You totally should. It’s delicious!)
What are your favorite fresh fruit toppings?
Fruit pizza for … breakfast? Dessert? Both?