Good Morning and Happy May! (<- Wait, really? Woah.)
I hope your day has started off on a good note. I’m sure this will turn into a busy one for us, as we prepare to leave for Flint after an event tomorrow night and then fly out to Florida first thing Saturday morning.
We are traveling to attend a dear friend’s wedding in Tampa, and will be down south for an entire week to catch up with family and friends. I really can’t wait to get down there and enjoy the start of the summer!
I turned to an old faithful for breakfast this morning. In case you’re wondering… you can – in fact – have chocolate for breakfast and still eat considerably healthy.
Pictured is a generous bowl of Fiber One Chocolate Cereal that provides 9 grams of fiber with only 80 calories a serving. I guess you could say this is one I don’t feel guilty about having a few servings of.
Because we all do that… right? Who are they kidding with that 1/2 cup or even 3/4 cup nonsense?
I topped it off with the rest of our fresh raspberry supply and washed it down with the standard cup of coffee.
I also ripped into this navel orange before heading down to the computer.
I was going to go for a run this morning, but decided to wait until it warms up a bit. As a native Floridian, it still blows my mind that I should ideally wait until the afternoon sun and warmer hours to get in my run when I spent so many years avoiding that very concept. Eh, whatcha gonna do.
We’ll play it by ear. I may even skip the run all together and attend one more Fitness Pilates class before going out of town. We shall see!
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Most of you recognize her name from me mentioning her a time or twelve here. I met her dancing for the Pistons this season and we have become very close.
Around the New Year, she reached out to me about her desire to start her own blog and I was really excited to help her piece all of it together. She has an incredibly inspiring story and wants nothing more than to use it as motivation to push and inspire others to have a positive outlook and make the best out of challenging situations.
For just starting her blog in February, she has already built it into something special and I am thrilled to see where it takes her in the future.
While catching up on posts last night, I saw a mention of my name and felt honored to be at the top of her list for a very inspiring blogger award.
It’s always nice to be nominated for things, and being noted for my work on the blog is one of the highest compliments someone can give me. I feel like this little platform is my baby and love that I have something to turn to and chat healthy living and daily musings with you all.
Basically, you guys are the jam!
The concept of this award is very simple.
Rules for the Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Link the person who nominated you.
2. List rules and display the award.
3. Share seven things or facts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven bloggers who inspire you.
5. Let them know you have nominated them.
My Seven Things/Facts:
1. I am a music freak. I love all genres, and have something playing in the background (if not blasted) at all times of the day.
2. I can’t stand the sound of someone eating a crunchy apple or carrots, thanks to my husband pointing out how annoying that is.
3. I miss my hometown friends and family every day, more than they know.
4. I feel very blessed to have met a group of close friends in Michigan!
5. I could eat chips and salsa every single day. And pickles. And popcorn.
6. Our pets are actually treated like children in our household. It’s fine.
7. I LOVE to travel and can’t wait to see where the rest of 2014 takes us!
I tag anyone who wants to do this. Because anyone who takes the time to blog to inspire others inspires me!
Thank you again, Nichole, for the nomination! And, tank you to all of you who take a few minutes out of your day to see what’s going on over here.
I always truly and genuinely appreciate your support! xo