Last week, I was introduced to a fabulous, all organic skincare line called Neal’s Yard Remedies.
The company started in the UK and you can find NYR stores there, in Japan and Dubai…for now. Although there aren’t retail stores in the US, the consultant base grows by the day to bring these products to health and skin care enthusiasts everywhere.
What is so special about NYR Organics?
Exactly what’s in the title: every skin care, health and beauty products are 91% organic. What makes up the remaining 9% is water, minerals and wild life (plants).
Beyond the organic label, here are a few key facts that differentiates NYR from other health & beauty lines:
- NYR started in 1981 with a passion to create more natural, less synthetic products.
- Knows the origins of all ingredients, using fresh herbs and essential oils.
- Good to the Environment by using glass bottles or 100% consumer recycled packaging.
- Absolutely NO type of testing on animals.
- 2011 Winner of The Natural Products Outstanding Achievement Award (Natural & Organic Awards).
Since I’m unable to share them directly, check out these short videos all about NYR: Welcome to NYR Organics.
Now on to the goodies.
A reader of mine caught onto my health & beauty interest. After talking for a while I met with her for lunch and left with the Frankincense line of Neal’s Yard Remedies.
*NOTE: Although I have been provided with a trial line of NYR, I only write and promote products on my blog that I’m truly passionate about. I’m not getting paid to promote, and I choose to share these products with you because I believe in what they can do for your overall health and well-being.
After a week of trying out NYR, my skin feels softer, firmer and I actually look forward to…
4 Easy Steps to Organic Skin Care:
1. Cleanse. Wash your face with Facial Wash.
*TIP: Warm water opens your pores to get the deepest clean.
2. Tone. Pat your face dry and apply Toner with a cotton ball.
*TIP: Don’t forget this important step of closing your pores, since the warm water opened them!
3. Moisturize. Use a pea-sized amount of moisturizer all over your face and neck.
*TIP: This line comes in small packaging because you don’t need a lot of product for each application. Sticking to the recommended amount makes your products last even longer.
4. Dab. Gently dab a tiny amount of Eye & Lip Serum to reduce (and prevent) bags and wrinkles.
*TIP: Use the tip of your ring finger to dab where under-eye bags would be. Also, use this to help “fill-in” lines around your mouth.
NYR offers all sorts of lines including Normal Skin, Dry Skin, Oily & Combination Skin, Sensitive Skin, all in different scents. I may only be in my almost late mid-20s, but my theory is:
“you’re never too young to prevent the signs of aging…”
…so the Frankincense line it was.
Find out what your ideal skincare line would be by browsing their online catalog.
Some of you might remember my Everyday Skincare Routine I put together myself from Neutrogena. Although it might be more cost efficient to go this route, no price can replace the feeling you get when investing in a good (and organic) skincare line.
We care so much about good health and what nutrition we put into our bodies, so why exclude what we’re putting onto our bodies (and especially faces)?
Looks like more people and magazines are catching on…check out NYR’s Press Coverage.
Good News for you:
In 2012…I’m all for NYR Organics.
The more I use the products, the more I love them and plan to eventually invest in skin, bath, and beauty products. The more I try, the more I’ll share with YOU! 🙂
Since stores haven’t made it over to the US yet, you can only get NYR products through a consultant, or with an appointment and high-end salon and spas.
Would you like to get your hands (and face) on NYR Organics? With enough feedback, a giveaway could be in your near future.