Good Morning! Today I have a recipe to share that both Scott and I have been incredibly into this week.
I always forget how much I like salads that don’t involve green things until we go out on a limb and make new one. Or in this case, a lightened up version of an old favorite!
The best thing about this egg salad (other than the fact that it’s so, so good!) is that it incorporates the use of Greek yogurt, which is also something I forget to use outside of breakfast or snacks.
Enjoy on it’s own, doubled as a dish to bring to a barbecue, or spread in between slices of bread to enjoy for days on end. We sure did!
Lightened Up Egg Salad
8 hard-boiled eggs
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp. reduced fat mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. fresh dill
1 Tbsp. chopped chives
1/4 tsp. onion-garlic powder blend
(or 1/8 tsp. regular onion powder + 1/8 tsp. regular garlic powder if you can’t find the blend)
1 Tbsp. jalapeno pepper, minced
(or 1 Tbsp. jalapeno blend)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Hard-boil the eggs. Check out my How to Make the Perfect Hard-Boiled (Easy to Peel) Eggs post for tips!
2. Peel the eggs and slice them for easy mashing.
3. In a medium bowl, mash the eggs with a fork, then add in the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, chives, dill, onion-garlic powder blend, jalapeno, and salt and pepper.
4. Serve alone in a small bowl as a side, or spread on bread or dinner rolls for a tasty sandwich!
And just as delicious either way.
More Lighted Up HWG salads:
All right, friends. In just a few hours we’ll be heading to Orlando. I’ll be sure to catch up with ya there!
Question of the Day
• Do you ever think to use Greek yogurt in recipes?
• What’s your favorite type of egg salad? Is it spicy or more dijon-y?