I have been in a very musical mood lately. So into it that I buy a ridiculous amount of music on iTunes, make playlists, and become addicted to each one for a few days. I just keep playing it over and over.
It might actually be a problem.
Before you get the assumption, I don’t, in fact, think I am some kind of DJ or something. I just happen to be a huge fan of almost any type of music. Every time I post a playlist, I get the gist that you enjoy them, so I figured I would throw something different out there today and see how it goes.
This one was put together specifically for me to “chill out” to. Whether I need to take some time to relax and unwind from the day, something to calm me down during traffic, or even music to fall asleep to, these are the batch of songs that have been doing the trick!
I know it may not be as relevant as my workout playlists… but I went out on a limb and welcome your feedback (yay or nay on these types of playlists) in the comments section below.
Winter 2014 Chill Music (Slow Down) Playlist
Before I get to them, I wanted to let you all in on how I bunch my songs together. It’s so easy. I pick a Pandora station I like (this one was James Morrison) and I thumbs up and thumbs down my song preferences. If I really like it, I bookmark it.
After a month or so, I take a look at my bookmarks and decide if I want to buy any of them. What you see is what I purchased!
1. Story of My Life – One Direction
2. I Won’t (iTunes Session) – Colbie Caillat
3. Golden Train – Justin Nozuka
4. If I Lose Myself (Acoustic) – OneRepublic (this version is so, so great!)
5. Use Somebody (Bonus Track) – Tyrone Wells (still can’t get over this song!)
6. Lego House – Ed Sheeran
7. Wake Me Up Avicii – Madilyn Bailey (<- umm… love her covers!)
8. Near to You – A Fine Frenzy
9. What I Know – Parachute
10. Sad – Maroon 5
11. I Want Crazy (Encore) – Hunter Hayes (just skip to the :50 mark)
12. Baby I Want You – Amos Lee
13. I Won’t Let You Go – James Morrison
14. Pretty Brown Eyes – Cody Simpson
15. Say Something (The X Factor USA Performance) – Alex & Sierra
16. Give Me One Reason – Tyrone Wells ft. Jason Reeves
17. I Lived – OneRepublic
18. Shake It Out – Florence + The Machine
In some weird way, having different types of playlists ready to go really helps me through daily projects and tasks. When I’m blogging, I like something upbeat and fun like Glee Cast Radio. At night I like Ed Sheeran. Before a workout, I always turn to Today’s Hits to pump me up. Yay Pandora!
As much as I would love to continue to ramble on, I need to put on a workout playlist and knock out a good one before the afternoon gets away from me. Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!
Questions of the Day
• Would you like to see more variety in playlists shared on the blog?
• What are some of your favorite Pandora or Spotify stations?