Hi there! Today I’m coming to you with a compilation of my favorite clean skincare products from Beautycounter. Since partnering with the brand last August, I have grown an immense love for learning more about what’s in them, seeing what products can do, and sharing the importance of what we’re putting on our skin along with my journey with you.
(Check out my Clean Beauty page if this is all new to you.)
Getting on a good, clean skincare routine can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be that way at all. In fact, it can be extremely easy when you find a line that you trust.
This is what I absolutely love about Beautycounter. Literally every skincare product has a specific purpose to drive results, and they’re all free of harmful ingredients and come in packaging that is friendly to the environment. You’ll see the typical regimen staples, but if you’re looking to start small or try unique-to-Beautycounter products first, this is my list of favorites!
Let’s back up to and quickly talk about regimens. What is the benefit to buying everything all at once and together, rather than piecing different products together as you need them?
I totally get that going for a full regimen or collection can be scary. You don’t always know what you’re diving into before you purchase one, especially if you aren’t able to test it out ahead of time. I’ve been there (and let me know if you’d like to try samples!).
After testing out two full regimens for several months at a time, however, I see how everything really works together to maximize results.
Since starting with the Countermatch Collection last September, then moving to the Countertime Collection (with the addition of a rotation of the products that you see featured in this post) in January, my skin has experienced the following at almost nine months in:
- Tighter, firmer skin: This was the most exciting thing for me. It may not seem believable, but I swear that I noticed a new tightening feeling on my face after just one full day of using Countertime. In fact, I just sent a video to my friend that shows how my “11” wrinkles have almost completely disappeared!
- A more even, radiant skintone: and my skin continues to improve every day.
- Less dark spots and sunspots: The Counter+ Overnight Resurfacing Peel (PM use) is a customer favorite and go-to for this focus, and Beautycounter just released the Counter+ All Bright C Serum (AM use) for Vitamin C and an even extra radiance boost. The combination of everything has done incredible things for my skin!
- Less fine lines and wrinkles: I’m no stranger to fine lines and wrinkles after working before the sunrise for years and parenting a toddler. I still have wrinkles, and I don’t think they will ever entirely go away, but I will say that they have gotten noticeably smaller.
- Happier complexion: My skin seriously feels healthier and happier, y’all. I go to bed feeling like I’m layered for skin repair war or something, and I wake up with refreshed-looking skin before I even wash my face. This is something that I had never experienced prior to switching over to Beautycounter products. What a game changer!
Other things that I do to take care of my skin include drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated, taking vitamins and supplements, getting enough sleep (or at least trying my best to do so), eating nutritious foods, and wearing sunscreen.
MY TOP PRODUCT PICKS
Below are my top go-to products that I typically recommend and why, based on specific skincare goals. Here we go!
CLEANSE + PREP
This is perhaps my favorite Beautycounter product, and it can do basically everything. Moisturize, cleanse, treat, and soothe. It’s the most versatile product – as you can use it as a cleanser, makeup remover, moisturizer, or overnight mask. Seriously! I use this instead of my normal night routine about once a week. I also have the travel size and take this on overnight trips instead of my regimen.
This is a great weekly treatment for most skin types, which exfoliates, detoxifies and helps minimize pores. And if you watch my Instagram stories, you know I love my mask and use it on a weekly basis to balance my skin. (It’s currently sold out, but will be back very soon with an improved formula! You’ll want to keep an eye out for this one.)
Dark Spots/Minimize Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Formulated with 15 botanically-derived acids, this leave-on peel improves skin texture and minimizes the appearance of pores, fine lines and dark spots without irritation or over-drying. I definitely notice a brighter, more youthful-looking complexion when I use it regularly. Most of my clients report seeing an improvement in their skin in just one use! It’s super easy to use — just apply and let the magic happen while you sleep!
It’s recommended to use this one 3-4x per week after cleansing and before a moisturizer.
This was made to compliment the PM peel (above) during the daytime with the added benefit of Vitamin C. It smells absolutely amazing and gives you an instant glow. Really. It’s a stand-out product that everyone should have in their medicine cabinet, in my opinion. It does the same things listed above for the peel, and you can use it every morning after cleansing (or a toner/prep step if you have one).
(This product is currently sold out until early-June. Let me know if you want to get on the waiting list or notified when it becomes available!)
HYDRATE + TREAT
Instant Hydrater, Boost Radiance, Plump + Balance
Counter+ Facial Oils
Don’t be steered away from the word “oil” here. I started using the No. 1 for Brightening and now use the No. 2 for Plumping. The No. 3 focus is for Balancing and helps with breakouts while reducing redness. All are instantly hydrating and this is a step that you do after cleansing before toning, applying a serum, or a moisturizer.
(There’s a mini oils set as well, if you’d like to test them all out first.)
Anything in the Countertime Collection has the added in benefits of Retinatural Complex (the safe, plant-based version of Retinol) that does wonders for skin tightening and helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles. (Check out my full review of the line for all the details!)
If you don’t want the entire line, let me know what you’re currently using in your regimen, and I can help you fill in the gaps.
If you had to start somewhere, the Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence is a very unique prep step (it’s also HUGE and lasts forever), the Tripeptime Radiance Serum is a fabulous treatment step, and the Supreme Cream (PM moisturizer) is excellent and what I usually recommend first for the most results. It’s so creamy and luxurious! The Ultra Renewal Eye Cream is a great finisher for smoother, more youthful looking skin.
Other mentions and focuses — check out the AM/PM moisturizer in each
The Countermatch Regimen or Collection is formulated to match the natural structure of the skin and deliver long-lasting moisture. It’s for dry, normal, combination, or sensitive skin, and is all about advanced hydration and age prevention.
(The biggest different in this line versus Countertime is the addition of Retinatural Complex in the products as well as the larger product sizes.)
The Countercontrol Regimen or Collection mattifies and clears without dryness and irritation. It’s free from Benzoyl Peroxide or harsh surfactants, and is for very oily and blemish-prone skin. It controls oil, clears blemishes, purifies pores, and balances skin.
MAKEUP (WITH SPF/SKINCARE)
This is a liquid foundation with minimal coverage, with SPF 20 built in. I wear the No 2 shade almost every day, and I love how it provides an extra moisturizing layer with a little color (and SPF!).
This is a brand-new product and is very exciting. It’s makeup and skincare in one step (multi-tasking for the win), and contains hyaluronic acid to help plump skin and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles over time! Use this tool to help pick out which shade is right for you.
(I’ll be sharing my top makeup products in a post down the road!)
A FEW MORE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Charcoal Cleansing Bar. This is a customer favorite to clean your face with a bit of a detox. (Try keeping it in the shower so you can use your regimen in your medicine cabinet and avoid going back and forth). I’ve heard that nothing gets your face as squeaky clean as this and that it lasts forever.
- Countersun Mineral Sunscreens (sprays, lotions, and stick). I’ve been loving the stick to throw in my purse or diaper bag, and there’s a brand-new product under this category that is coming out soon!
- Counterstart, a two-product essentials line at a lower price point. The Cococream cleanser is $20, and the Cocoboost Moisturizer is $29 and they’re great for anyone, especially those with sensitive skin or who just pick up whatever at a convenience store. (Start here with cleansing and protecting!)
- Instant Eye Makeup Remover. This is a customer favorite for sure, and it’s never irritated my eyes like some wipes or other formulas have. Use this every night to get rid of eye make-up.
- Lip Conditioner in Peppermint. This is a very luxurious, clean lip balm that feels so good. I keep this one with my skincare products and use it in the morning and night (versus carrying it around all day.)
- Body lotion: Choose a safer-for-you everyday lotion that is so soft and has the best smell.
If you’ve never ordered from Beautycounter before, you can get your entire order at 20% off through 5/31!
You would just enter your email into the top screen on the homepage, and they will send you a promo code to enter at check out. This would make a huge difference if you’re looking to get multiple things.
From now through tomorrow, May 26, when you spend $125, you will receive your choice of one of the following: Countermatch Adaptive Body Moisturizer ($39 value), Countersun After Sun Cooling Gel ($32 value), Countermatch Eye Rescue Cream ($39 value) — while supplies lasts, so act fast!
Also, if you’re going to be spending $100 or more, I would highly recommend getting the Band of Beauty Membership. It’s basically like the Amazon Prime with Beautycounter. It’s a one-time fee of $29, and gets you free shipping on any orders $100+ for the year (normally $6.95 per order), product credit back (if you spend $320, you’d get $32 back to use on the site in the future … which, alone, already paid for the perks), AND a free gift upon sign up. This month, the gift is Counter+ Brightening Facial Mist which is great to use before and/or after makeup for a refreshing pick-me-up.
You can add the membership to your cart here. (But please know, the 20% off does not apply to this part of the purchase.)
And finally, if you’re purchasing through my links I would really appreciate it if you could attach your oder to the pop-up I’m currently running. It helps me get points to cash in for product so I can give more away to readers more frequently! All you have to do to attach an order is select that you’d like to add it to “May Clean Drop Pop Up” during checkout (it will ask if you want to) … or access it here.
Thank you for stopping by the blog today, friends!
I hope this post has helped steer you towards the right product combination for you, and if you need any help at all, please reach out by commenting, emailing email@example.com, or replying to any of my stories that I share on social. I really do love chatting about all things clean beauty and am here to help.
Have a very happy holiday!