Hi friends! In case you missed it, I shared my ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for 2020 yesterday. I really wasn’t going to share gift guides this year, but I’m still shopping online and figured you might need some ideas, too.
So, in case you’re one who is still looking to shop for others (or yourself), today’s post is all about self-care through safer skincare, cleaner makeup, and better-for-you bath and body products that I truly love.
It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of Beautycounter skincare and makeup. And, more importantly, I enjoy talking about clean beauty, why it matters, and I hope to inspire you to start your own journey of switching to safer products in the process. Check out my post on How To Switch To Safer Products and Why It Matters for more on that!
(Also, you might want to check out my Clean Beauty page for a quick rundown.)
For full transparency, I am a Beautycounter consultant, so I make a commission off of anything purchased using my links. I really do appreciate your support of this blog, my business, and my family!
Now onto the fun stuff …
GIFT IDEAS FOR BEAUTY LOVERS
If you’re looking to give the gift of self-care this year, let’s go big and gift clean, shall we?
It’s really hard to narrow my ultimate wish list down. There are so many amazing products to cover for different reasons, but I did the best I could with a breakdown of my Top Five picks (in and outside of Beautycounter) in each category based on the price point with the reason next to it. Enjoy!
- Counter+ Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm – moisturize, cleanse, treat, and soothe. It’s the most versatile product – as you can use it as a cleanser, makeup remover, moisturizer, an overnight mask, and even on dry spots, rashes, and as a barrier between your skin and face masks to help prevent mask breakouts. Amazing stuff!
- Counter+ All Bright C Serum – a true game-changing serum with two forms of vitamin C to help brighten skin and helps reduce the appearance of existing dark spots while defending skin from the damaging effects of environmental stressors. It smells absolutely amazing, it’s bright yellow and gives you an instant glow.
- Counter+ Overnight Resurfacing Peel – if you’re a fan of the Vitamin C serum, this is the PM counterpart! This leave-on peel that dramatically improves skin texture and minimizes the appearance of pores, fine lines and dark spots without irritation or over-drying. Use up to 3-4x per week at night.
- Countertime Deluxe Mini Set – the perfect way to test-drive, travel with and gift the most popular anti-aging line in clean beauty! I’ve been using this line for a year and am blown away at how high-performing each item is. Anything in from the Countertime Collection has the added in benefits of Retinatural Complex (the safe, plant-based version of Retinol) that does wonders for skin tightening and helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles. (Check out my full review of the line for all the details!)
- Counter+ Facial Oils – LOVE these! I started using the No. 1 for Brightening and now use the No. 2 for Plumping. The No. 3 is for Balancing and helps with breakouts while reducing redness. All are instantly hydrating and this is a step that you do after cleansing and applying a serum, and can even be mixed into your moisturizer.
Please reach out if you’re interested in getting more bang for your buck with a regimen or collection based on your/your loved one’s skin type and goals. I have insight and tips for you!
- Counter+ Mini Stars – the perfect way to try or gift three of my favorites (and best-sellers) mentioned above for radiant, glowing skin.
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion – best-seller, award-winning daily moisturizer for most skin types that is lightweight, yet powerful.
- Counter+ Charcoal Facial Mask – great weekly treatment for most skin types that exfoliates, detoxifies, balances, and helps minimize pores.
- Counter+ Eye Revive Cooling Masks – these cooling masks reduce under-eye puffiness and instantly awaken the eye area after a rough night’s sleep, and this is a magical thing.
- Counter+ Charcoal Cleansing Bar – clean your face with a bit of a detox. Nothing gets your face as squeaky clean as this (try keeping it in your shower!) and that it lasts forever.
Under $25 (hello, stocking stuffers!)
- Lip Conditioner in Peppermint – luxurious, clean lip balm that feels so good. I keep this one with my skincare products and use it in the morning and night.
- Counterstart Cococream Cleanser – non-foaming but great for anyone, especially those with sensitive skin or who just pick up whatever at a convenience store.
- Counterman Daily Exfoliating Cleanser – formulated for men, but also for anyone to use as a wonderful exfoliant and soother. You could also pick the Countercontrol Clear Pore Cleanser for this at $26.
- Countercontrol SOS Spot Treatment – invisible gel that treats breakouts and unexpected blemishes without over-drying the skin.
- Jade Facial Roller (here, here, here) – once you know, you know. Benefits of facial rolling: soothes, helps circulation, cools and de-puffs, helps product absorption to improve overall radiance, and more.
- Give ‘Em Lip Trio – three statement lip colors that make an impact with limited-edition packaging that supports artists and is ethically sourced.
- Skin Twin Featherlight Foundation & Creamy Concealer – the perfect duo for medium to full coverage. I really love the new Skin Twin products and can help you shade match. Please reach out!
- Get The Look – sets with a variety of shades and themes with four products each. The bundle includes a velvet eye shadow palette, eyeliner, bronzer or highlighter, and a lipstick.
- Flawless In Five – six products that are customizable (tinted moisturizer or foundation, concealer pen, mascara, blush, brow pencil or brow gel, and lip gloss), and takes five minutes to do the routine every day. It’s $150 and gets you $190 worth of product.
- Essential Brush Set – currently sold out (sad face), but I wanted to recommend the brushes either separately or together as a set when it’s back in stock.
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer – a liquid foundation/tinted moisturizer with minimal coverage, with SPF 20 built in. I wear the No 2 shade almost every day, and I love how it provides an extra moisturizing layer with a little color (and SPF!).
- Luminous Lids Cream Shadows – silky cream shadows that can go from subtle to dramatic, depending on application. They’re so fun and I am obsessed with this foursome that I gifted myself this year! Also, the good eyeshadow palettes are fantastic.
- Color Pinch Cream Blusher – so unique, versatile, and fun to use! I use my Hibiscus shade on my cheeks, lips, and even on my eyelids when I don’t use shadow and want a slight pop of color.
- Beyond Gloss Lipgloss – clean glosses that go on smooth without being sticky. They feel moisturizing and have a pleasant but subtle vanilla flavor. Also check out the Beyond Gloss Trio holiday set!
- Mattifying Powder – this setting powder leaves a smooth finish, absorbs shine, and reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles without a white residue. I highly recommend pairing it to set the Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer or any foundation.
- Brilliant Brow Gel – this gel is fabulous and grooms and sets your brows for the appearance of thicker, fuller, natural-looking brows. I wear the Medium shade, but it also comes in an invisible, clear finish.
- One Step Makeup Remover Wipes – a great place to start by replacing the wipes you might be currently using with questionable ingredients. Use half a wipe at a time, as a little bit goes a long way.
- Norwex Makeup Remover Cloths – OR, try these (the set is $36, but you may be able to find them sold individually on different sites) … you only need water. They’re amazing!
- The Jellies – Sorbet – one jelly lip gloss from the sold-out sets, great as a stocking stuffer and to sample. I snagged a set last year and still use them in all of my on-the-go bags.
- The Better Blender – build, blend, and buff with three different application angles. I use this for my concealer, foundation and tinted moisturizer when I don’t use a brush.
BETTER-FOR-YOU BATH & BODY
- Body Collection – daily essentials that I have personally tried and really loved. The body wash smells incredible, the lotion is great, and the shampoo/conditioner makes my hair feel silky and hydrated!
- Softening Hand Duo – get yourself this holiday set or gift it to a hostess that deserves it. The frosted glass bottles are refillable and beautiful.
- Body Oil in Citrus Rosemary – you really only need a little bit of this because it goes a long way, so the bottle will last you forever. My favorite way to use it is to add a drop or two into my body moisturizer.
- Norwex Body Cloth Pack & Baby Microfiber Washcloths – have you noticed that I really like the Norwex products? I’m not affiliated or partnered in any way, just really like everything I’ve tried.
- My top holiday set picks in this category from Beautycounter are actually all sold out, which is a bummer. But, I would recommend a dry brush exfoliating bath set, or gifting one like this or this with our body scrub and a moisturizer as an idea.
- The Clean Deo Minis – access to try the clean deo before it officially launches next month in full sizes! I have tried a few natural deodorants and none compare to Beautycounter’s. Seriously. No white residue, amazing scents without the extra chemicals, and powerful.
- Sugar Body Scrub in Lemongrass – a polishing scrub that leaves your skin incredibly smooth and it smells so, so good.
- Body Butter in Citrus Mimosa – a great buttery, smooth option for everyday use that is moisturizing without feeling sticky.
- Melting Body Balm – helps hydrate and soften, giving your skin a healthy-looking glow. This is a thick product meant for trouble and dry areas.
- Counter+ Charcoal Cleansing Bar – I mentioned this one under skincare, but it is also a go-to recommendation for bath & body, as you can use the bar as a detox for your armpits (tip for anyone switching over to clean deodorant) and all over your body, really.
- Countersun Mineral Sunscreens (travel sprays, lotions, and stick) – non-streaking, effective and safe sun protection for your entire family at a price point you can test and travel with. I especially love the stick to keep in my purse!
- Hand Cream in Citrus Mimosa – once again, the Citrus Mimosa scent is great. This is a fab hand cream you can carry around and feel good using.
- Daily Protective Baby Balm – great for babies, but also for anyone with extra dry skin or battling eczema on the cheeks! This will turn into an all-purpose balm for everyone (without baby in the title) in 2021.
- Citrus Mimosa Body Bar – wonderful replacement to the who-knows-what is in your current soap bar in the shower. (The scent!!)
- Last Chance Page – check out the deals that won’t last … some of my favorites, especially in the kids and mens categories are here.
All right, I think that gives you more options than you bargained for. But if you’re looking for ways to save …
Get 20% off your first Beautycounter order by using the code CLEANFORALL20 through 12/27. If you’re already a fan and client, reach out and ask me what I can offer you. (Always something special!)
Join the BOB Membership for $29 and earn 10% product credit back, free shipping on orders $100+, a free welcome gift, and exclusive offers. It’s like the Amazon Prime of safer skincare and makeup! Join here.
Make sure to select expedited shipping options if you need your gifts before Christmas, with the last day for 2-Day being tomorrow, 12/18. (Reach out to me when you’re ordering, and I am happy to help reimburse you for the rushed shipping!)
See daily updates, promotion announcements, video tutorials, and clean beauty tips on my Life In Leggings – Beautycounter Page and/or subscribe to my newsletter if you want the inside scoop and access to exclusive giveaways!
And finally, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help with anything at all. Much love to you!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. Life In Leggings Holiday Gift Guides feature products that I genuinely want to share with you as well as items I have most likely purchased myself or loved ones. Please note that affiliate links are included, and I will earn a commission off of anything purchased. I truly appreciate your support!
That’s a great list you have shared. My wife loved all these gifting ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Nimit recently posted…Top 20 Best Backpack With Shoe Compartment | 2020