Hello, hello! Okay… for the last week or so I have been promising a jump back into health and fitness focused posts back on the blog and today I am here to deliver.
What you all might not realize is that I actually do tend to stay active, even when I don’t write about it. I don’t always mention it because who really wants to hear “I went to Fitness Pilates again.” Ha. Not even me. In fact, I feel slightly embarrassed to enter it in daily mile these days. I’m waiting for someone to say “change it up, sister!”
Don’t worry guys, I got this. With a little inspiration from a new workout playlist and incentive to test out a new interval stopwatch for HIIT and Tabata workouts, I plan to get back into posting new and fun workouts.
Before we get too crazy, let’s start out with that playlist. I don’t know about you, but loading a fresh batch of upbeat music onto my phone always gets me going in the gym. Or on the running trails, whatever. Here’s what has been pumping me up this season!
Winter 2013-14 Running + Workout Playlist
Just in case you are like me and like to listen to tracks a few times before you buy them… go on an give ’em a listen!
• Feel Good – Robin Thicke (that voice melts me…)
• I’m a Machine – David Guetta, Crystal Nicole & Tyrese Gibson
• Hey Brother – Avicii
• Neon Lights – Demi Lovato
• Pompeii – Bastille
• Team – Lorde (did you know she’s only 16?!)
• Strangers – Seven Lions & Myon & Shane 54 ft. Tove Lo
• Do What U Want – Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly
• Can’t Remember To Forget You – Shakira ft. Rihanna
• Chocolate – The 1975
• Best Day of My Life – American Authors
• XO – Beyonce
• It Should Be Easy – Britney Spears ft. will.i.am
• Take Me Home – Cash Cash ft. Bebe Rexha
• Repeat – David Guetta ft. Jessie J
• Say Something – A Brave New World & Christina Aguilera (as always, a slow track to cool you down!)
Previous Running + Workout Playlists
And a whole series of half marathon training playlists you can find on the Fitness page!
Today I am heading out to the hair salon with hopes of finding new dinner recipe inspiration on my downtime there. Any requests out there? Casserole, soup, pasta?
What is one workout song you have been loving lately?
Have a great rest of your Tuesday!