Happy Saturday! I hope you are enjoying the start of your weekend with something fun… or something relaxing… or something very Saturday feeling.
It’s basically an excuse for me to answer a series of questions, and since I enjoy learning more about the bloggers I follow, I had a feeling you might too.
Also, with the weather… well… not so pleasantly warm outside right now, I figured it was a great time to spice things up with a little sunshine!
Here are “the rules”…
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award and ask them 10 questions.
Ten Questions (Sunshine Award)
1. What is your favorite way to sweat?
Running or some form of barre, yoga, or Pilates. I also enjoy HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and Tabata workouts.
I try to take them outside as much as I can!
2. What celebrity would play you in a movie and why?
This is such a tough question for me! I recently had to give my answer for it to go on my dancer bio. It used to be Heather Locklear when I had shorter blonde hair, but the dark red/brunette thing is really throwing me off.
I eventually came up with Reese Witherspoon because she’s funny (ever seen her make a cameo on Chelsea Lately?), adorable, and can totally rock any hair color!
3. What is your favorite recipe you have made lately? Link it up so we can all check it out!
Definitely this light turkey chili.
And I’m not just saying that because I haven’t cooked a lot lately… it really is a recipe I will be turning back to frequently this winter season!
4. What is your favorite cheat meal?
Umm… what isn’t my cheat meal? While I normally keep a balanced healthy diet, I do allow myself to splurge on occasions, and it’s most likely going to be on Italian food like pizza, pasta, bread sticks, the whole nine.
There also has to be some kind of chocolate involved. If there’s anything mint chocolate around me, I’m truly in for it.
And chips. Always chips. Preferably Salt & Vinegar flavored, or blue corn chips dipped in salsa.
5. What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
Hmm. Going skydiving on my 23rd birthday? No, that was Scott’s planning I totally got suckered into.
Probably when Scott and I decided to drive over to Chicago at the last minute the night of Christmas Eve to spend Christmas with our friend, Barry.
6. Why did you start blogging?
Back in October of 2010, I started blogging under an anonymous name to share my wedding planning adventures, meant for my family and a few close friends to enjoy. When the wedding was over, I had the itch to write again and that is when my next blog started.
Writing that blog gave me an outlet to share some of the things I most commonly get asked by friends, which you will now find on my Health + Beauty (<- really needs a revamp) and Fitness pages. As I started posting regularly, I received positive feedback from people I least expected it from. Complete strangers emailed me with questions, or even just to say a quick “hello”.
Knowing what I do is appreciated is the motivation I have to keep going! Even if I encourage one person to make a healthy decision or show another a beauty trick, I feel satisfaction in what I do.
I found excitement writing that blog, then out of the blue one day it hit me that I needed a brand.
Check out the full story behind the Housewife Glamour name!
7. What is your favorite place to go in your city?
This is a tough one for me because I feel like I still don’t know about everything about our area and neighboring cities yet. So far, my favorite place to be is Main Street in Downtown Rochester, especially around the holidays!
There’s always some event or festival going on on the weekends!
8. It’s the weekend and you don’t have any plans. What would you do?
Sleep in. Go for a trail run with Scott and Roadie. Make a big breakfast. Enjoy having no plans. Lounge around the house for a while and then go do something fun at night!
9. What is your ideal date night/day?
Scott would say something spontaneous that could include going to a concert, show, or even theme park. I would say something relaxing like a day at the spa (or even getting a professional massage), a nice dinner and a movie!
10. What keeps you motivated to continue blogging and living a healthy lifestyle?
You guys! Seriously. While I work from home during the day, it is not always easy to stay motivated and focused on what I am supposed to be doing. Whenever I need an extra push, I browse around blogs in the healthy living community and check out the comments section here. I always love hearing what you have to say about anything at all!
As far as staying on top of living a healthy lifestyle goes, I guess I could say it just comes naturally. We all have our cheat days, but after a few of them my body craves healthy food and exercise. Plus, I love coming up with new recipes and workouts to share with you all.
And I guess that just about wraps it up!
Now you probably know ten things about me you didn’t before, and we’re a little closer because of it. 😀
My 10 Bloggers:
1. Julie – Peanut Butter Fingers
3. Gina – The Fitnessista
4. Tina – Carrots ‘N’ Cake
5. Anne – fANNEtastic Food
6. Lisa – Lisa Lately
7. Ericka – The Sweet Life
8. Kristen – K•FabNY
9. Hannah – Clean Eating Veggie Girl
10. Charissa – Colourful Palate
My 10 Questions:
(Stolen all from Katie because I loved reading Christa’s answers!)
1. Do you own any pets? If so, what kind? Breed? Name?
2. What is the last book that you read?
3. Favorite way to sweat?
4. What is your favorite piece of workout apparel?
5. Salty or sweet?
6. Favorite fashion trend right now?
7. If you could go anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?
8. What is your astrological sign?
9. How many states have you lived in? Where?
10. What is your favorite recipe you’ve made lately? Link up so we can all check it out!
Have a great weekend!