I started putting together a Photo Shoot Tips + Tricks post today. The more I typed, the more I wanted to spend a decent amount time and effort on it and not just throw it together. With that said, keep a lookout for a post on that subject later in the week!
For now, I thought you might enjoy some random occurrences that have happened in my life lately that may or may not be worth a laugh.
You Know What’s Funny?
• At this moment in time I have zero fruit in the house. I wanted to top my cereal this morning with something colorful and came to the conclusion that gummy bears just aren’t the same. Needless to say, I had my first bowl of basic cereal and milk in ages. Like, probably years.
• Speaking of basic…. I feel like I shouldn’t be sharing this, but I just can’t with this You Tube video. #sorryimnotsorry
• This article I read this morning on Y Generation Yuppies (most of you reading this!) and why most of them (us) are unhappy. I found myself relating to a lot of it all too well and thought you might have a chuckle too.
• I was practically begging for cooler weather last week and it’s definitely here. Now that we are officially running the heat in our house and I am wearing sweats to bed, I think I might have jumped the gun on that one.
• The air conditioning repair man came over a week ago to fix our unit (yes, when it was still hot outside JUST a week ago) and in doing so Scott removed all of these boxes from our basement storage to give him a path.
Even though I cleaned the house yesterday, the boxes are still there. I actually vacuumed around them.
• I feel like the type of music I listen to lately completely affects my mood. I’ve been drawn to the slow jams with deep lyrics, but after an hour or so with it on the background I feel almost too mellow. Just kind of blah. I’m not sure if that’s the best “let’s get the day going!” motivation.
(Note to self: less emo, more Spice Girls Radio <- so wonderful.)
• We had a few people over last night and Aspen was all about hanging downstairs with the group, soaking in as much attention as she could get. Cali, on the other hand, was chillin’ upstairs on her own and gets really overwhelmed by house guests.
While Aspen loves petting, she hates to be held. Cali will sit calmly and let you hold her for hours. I think it’s interesting how each pet handles company in their own way and how different cats and pets in general can be.
• I haven’t had any motivation to make salads at home lately. I have been enjoying them at restaurants and while out running errands, but haven’t made a good monster salad in close to two weeks. That’s just weird.
• It’s no secret that I am allowing myself a day or two of splurging after eating extremely clean for my photo shoot over the weekend. I think it’s funny that my first “big cheat meal” was ordered off of the light menu, and I even went out of my way to substitute the regular spaghetti for the Barilla Plus penne pasta.
For what it’s worth, it was delicious.
• And last, but certainly not least, this.
The fact that my husband feels the need to change into something ridiculous when people come over is beyond me. Although I was mostly embarrassed about it, the cut off plaid paired with the jorts and fuzzy slippers make me laugh a little.
I hope these random fun facts about my latest happenings provided you with some kind of comic relief on this Tuesday afternoon. I am leaving you today actually excited to go to the grocery store to stock up on produce and get the rest of my day going. I promise there will be more inspirational material to read later this week. For now, I’m curious…
What’s a “You Know What’s Funny” moment of yours?