The summer is always a busy time of year filled with travels and weekend get togethers.
I often enjoy getting some fresh air while running outside (well, maybe not at the hottest hours of the day), and turn to workouts that I can do at home or anywhere when my calendar fills up with trips and cook outs!
Today I wanted to share my latest workout playlist that always gets me moving. I’ve been loving it on runs, during workouts, and even on commutes when I need a little pick-me-up.
I started sharing playlists back when I started training for my first half marathon in 2012. Putting them together gave me a little bit of extra motivation to get out there and run my little heart out, so I’m hoping a new batch of songs might give you an extra push on your next workout or run, too!
If you have been following the blog for some time (thank you!), then you already know I am a lover of all different genres of music. You can always check out what I’ve been listening to by viewing my Spotify profile, and I always share my favorite workout music right here on the blog.
Now onto this year’s Summer Hits. I hope you enjoy the jams!
(Listen and even download this exact playlist here!)
As always, I included a slower track to listen to during your cool down at the end. The allotted stretch time is without a doubt my favorite part of any workout. I love slowing down, reflecting on what I just accomplished, and I always try to focus on breathing while shaking my muscles out.
Make sure you reward your body for all it’s hard work with at least a song’s worth of recovery!
Looking to Sweat?
• 30 Min. (Total Body) At-Home HIIT Workout
• 30 Min.Gluteal Elliptical Workout
• Bodyweight Core & Legs Workout (great for runners!)
• Summer Total Bodyweight Burner
• Travel Running + Circuit Workout
Beat The Heat Recipes
• 3-Ingredient Strawberry Ice Pops (Dairy-Free)
• Frozen Fruit Popsicles (Dairy-Free)
• Mango Coconut Protein Smoothie
• Waldorf Salad With Homemade Honey Musard Dressing
Previous Running & Workout Playlists
• Spring Outside Workout Playlist
• Pump You Up Workout Playlist
• New Fall Music For Your Next Workout
• New Summer Music For Your Workous
• Summer 2015 Workout Playlist
• More Spring 2015 Workout Music
• Spring 2015 Workout Playlist
And so many more on the Workout Playlists page.
Have a great rest of your day and enjoy the music!
Questions of the Day
• What kind of music gets you moving?
• What is your favorite type of workout right now? (Feel free to link it below!)
Nicole @ Blunders and Absurdities Blog
I’m always looking for new workout music – thank you!! I loved this bodyweight workout I found on PBFingers a couple weeks ago (http://www.pbfingers.com/2016/07/21/bodyweight-workout-at-home-workout/) – it’s a great mix of cardio and strength!
Nicole @ Blunders and Absurdities Blog recently posted…Weekend Recap
I saw that workout on Julie’s blog when she posted it – looks like a great one!
I always love your playlists!!! One small typo – I think the Cash Cash song is supposed to be “How to Love” 🙂
Ahhh, thanks Kayla! I guess the bright colors blinded me – fixed! 😉
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment
Great playlist. Music makes everything better!
I totally agree – this one has been putting me in a great mood!